New Cycling Victoria Race Entry Policy
1. Entries for all events will now close on the Sunday preceding the scheduled event date, unless otherwise stated on the ‘Event Information Page’ on the Cycling Victoria website.
2. All closing dates will be displayed on the Cycling Victoria website.
3. Entries received after the close of entry date will not be accepted. No exceptions, or correspondence will be entered into.
4. If a rider experiences difficulties during the online entry process, they are required to contact the Cycling Victoria office via phone or email. Notice of difficulties with regard to race entry must be received before the close of entry date in order to be accepted.
5. Cycling Victoria reserves the right to invite riders and add to entry lists, at its discretion.
Cycling Victoria has adopted the policy to assist in the delivery of open events and through ongoing feedback. It is hoped that the policy will have a number of positive effects for cycling in Victoria:
* Clubs, promoters and riders require the race start list as early as possible to allow for event preparation. Accepting late entries forces unnecessary changes to be made to the start list, which places unnecessary pressure on clubs.
* The majority of events require grading/handicapping. Accepting late entries affects the ability of the handicapper to complete their job in a timely and effective manner.
* There will continue to be efforts to open events earlier to provide for a greater period of entry and as such there should be no reason why any rider should miss the cut off date.
* Allowing entries to remain open throughout the weekend prior to an event means that additional entries can be accepted within the boundaries of the normal entry process. This provides riders with a longer time frame in which to enter.